Divorce Detox: Divorce has a bright side: the opportunity to restart your life. As you detox and heal, you may discover a better version of yourself than you have ever known. Here are some benefits to being one adult:
- It's easy to get a table in a busy restaurant (or sit at the bar).
- You can listen to any music and sing out loud.
- Your time is your own.
- You can take as long as you want in the bathroom.
- You're on your own schedule.
- You have the opportunity to talk to strangers.
- There's no influence of another opinion. (You get to know you.)
- There's no compromising.
- Conversation is replaced with reading, thinking, writing, etc.
- It's cheaper.
- You can stay or leave ... it's up to you.
- People are generally more friendly to someone who's alone.
- There's no small talk necessary. (Many couples don't talk, anyway.)
- Losing your way leads to more adventure.
- There are no expectations.
- You're only accountable to yourself.
- It increases self-reliance and trust.
|Andra Brosh, Ph.D., and Allison Pescosolido, MA, are the leading divorce-recovery experts in Los Angeles. Founders of "Divorce Detox," a proven program guaranteed to speed recovery through the divorce transition, Andra and Allison are certified grief-recovery experts, and both hold advanced degrees in the field of psychology. Visit www.divorcedetox.com to learn more about their programs and cutting-edge work.|