It may be difficult to get through an entire holiday meal
without the thought of pulling your hair out. So relax and let momlogic
give you some tips.
1. Be realistic. If you have to have a formal meal, don't expect the little ones to sit for the long haul.
2. Dress 'em down. Don't spend a fortune dressing
your kids all frou frou and not expect them to get a little messy.
Cranberry sauce doesn't complement any outfit.
3. The kids' table was invented for a reason. Maybe it's time to cut the apron strings and let them enjoy the holiday their way -- which may include blowing mashed potatoes out their noses.
4. Set goals. Make the meal a competition to see who can eat without getting dirty. The winner gets to NOT have to give crazy Aunt Dotty a kiss goodbye.
5. Wine goggles! Kids tend to act better when mommy's got a little buzz on. (Or, depending on how many glasses you have, they sure seem to act better.)