American Girl's Doll of the Year 2011: Kanani

On January 1, to kick off a yearlong 25th birthday celebration, American Girl will take girls to the lush tropical paradise of Hawaii with the introduction of the 2011 Girl of the Year, Kanani Akina.

kanani250.jpg

Kanani's story is all about sharing the "aloha spirit" -- a desire to welcome and care for others with an open heart. Available for only one year, Kanani will launch with a beautiful 18-inch Kanani doll, two books that tell her story and an array of fun accessories.

To further engage girls, American Girl is introducing a national campaign in support of Kanani and her story's inspirational message. This includes a partnership with the National Wildlife Federation, a national nonprofit that has more than 70 years of experience fostering a connection to wildlife and nature in Americans of all ages.

Aloha, Kanani! Our daughters will be excited to meet you ....

ANNA December 31, 2010, 11:57 AM

KANANI IS SO BEAUTIFUL I WANT TO GET HER!

Sally January 2, 2011, 8:57 AM

I love American Girl dolls as do my granddaughters, but I have to wonder if they’ve gone a bit “Barbie” in making this HAWAIIAN American Girl blonde! What’s up with that?

Deborah Armstrong January 2, 2011, 7:24 PM

The new american doll should have football uniforms to purchase. i know i’d get one or two for the granddaughters. Have a colts fan who owns three american dolls already, and a packers fan who owns two dolls. Parents can’t yell at grandma’s for doll buying if the accessories are their sport teams. Thank you grandma debbie sue [spoiler of grandchildren]

Deborah Armstrong January 2, 2011, 7:26 PM

pro bowl is in the new dolls state after all. Happy Newyear and be safe.

Tom Brady Super Bowl Jersey January 7, 2011, 2:23 AM

Hey, I just hopped over to your website by way of StumbleUpon. Not somthing I would normally read, but I liked your thoughts none the less. Thanks for making a thing worth reading

SteveO January 12, 2011, 6:52 PM

fgjhf

Dumpster Rental Athens January 16, 2011, 9:23 AM

Hey Bro, I’m not certain I agree with everything in this article, but darn do I repect it!

immigration solicitor  February 11, 2011, 2:58 AM

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable information to work on. You have done a formidable job and our whole community will be grateful to you.