I Just Realized I Am Old and Not HOT!

Guest blogger Michelle Kemper Brownlow: When I had my first real job, I was newly married. I was a high school art teacher, and my students thought I was the hottest thing that walked the planet. I heard a giddy group of pubescent boys react when they realized I was a "Mrs." To them, this was proof beyond a doubt that I was having sex. And apparently, that was hot.

shocked woman
I guess I have carried this with me into motherhood. I don't have an inherent need to be hot, but I don't want to be OLD! I have three kids, and they each play into this notion without even knowing it. I have a 13-year-old son who keeps me up on all the teen-boy crushes and fascinations. I have an 11-year-old daughter who loves to take me along on all her shopping trips. I also have a 5-year-old who keeps me in touch with the younger moms in my development. I think the combination of these three things had me convinced I was still young and really "with it!" Until the seventh-grade field trip, that is ....

I watched the kids file onto the bus, and I didn't feel frumpy. I had on skinny jeans and UGGs, and they all said "Hey" and smiled, seemingly thrilled to have the young Mrs. B on board their bus. As we drove into Washington D.C., I began hearing their comments about the people outside. After three hours on the highway, they were thrilled to see civilization and they were totally intent on what they were seeing. I wasn't really paying attention, until one comment was followed by a gaggle of squeals: "Ewwwwwwww, look at the old guy with no shirt!!! Yuck! That is so sick!"

I looked out the window to see a man not more than five years older than me. Yeah, he was wearing short shorts, but he was running. He wasn't so old that he had been advised against exercise or should be taking his teeth out when he sleeps. He was 45, max!

You can always count on a busload of prepubescent girls to give you a reality check!

next: Rethinking Time-Outs
Sylvitan December 31, 2010, 7:21 AM

Hello ! I’m new on this forum, hope to talk to you soon :)
I love carsn seotons and tuning, and you ?

garden flower pictures January 1, 2011, 6:42 PM

Awesome post . Thanks for, writing on this blog dude. I will message you soon. I did not know that!

free landscape plants January 1, 2011, 6:48 PM

Just discovered this blog thru Google, what a way to brighten up my week!

squamous cell cancer January 2, 2011, 1:01 PM

Squamous cell skin cancer is the most second kind of carcinoma in the world.

kral oyun January 7, 2011, 7:03 AM

GozdeOyun Yuzlerce Kral Oyun’un bulundugu gozde kral oyun sitesidir.

kral oyun January 7, 2011, 7:21 AM

GozdeOyun Yuzlerce Kral Oyun’un bulundugu gozde kral oyun sitesidir.

grayton beach florida vacation rentals January 11, 2011, 6:36 PM

Anyone know the differences between camping at Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park versus Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park ? thanks.. .

kailua vacation rentals January 12, 2011, 4:04 PM

Hi Lewis,

Ukash January 22, 2011, 4:06 PM

Superukash Türkiye %100 Yasal hem ucuz hem guvenli Ukash Kart satışı yapmaktadır. Ucuz ukash, ukash, ukash al, ukash destek.

Insamsweawl February 3, 2011, 2:42 AM

Edit: sorry je me suis trompe de site ;)
Et vive la simulation de seotons !!

Quoi, une [url=http://www.simuler.org]simulation de seotons[/url] ??
Oui oui !

Lavon Wray February 10, 2011, 1:00 PM

Great post I consider your leading points and think the title says it all, I enjoyed browseing and that I will surely come back from time to time to read more of your writing. sustain the great work

Kassandra Colace February 24, 2011, 12:56 PM

How is it that simply anybody will write a site and find as well-liked as this? Its not like youve said anything incredibly impressive –more like youve painted a reasonably image over an issue that you just apprehend nothing concerning I don’t wish to sound mean, here. however do you really suppose that you simply will get away with adding some pretty pictures and not very say anything?

Tawana Velotta February 25, 2011, 12:44 AM

Wow, this was a real quality post. In theory I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real effort to form a decent article… but what am I able to say… I keep putting it off and never seem to get one thing done

Jamel Helmbrecht February 25, 2011, 4:40 AM

Thank you such a lot for helpful post. Carival cruise 2012 is the best cheap journey travel. Please visit our website for additional data.

Lawerence Massena February 25, 2011, 8:41 AM

By reading it i can conclude you’ve got some generous data about the topic and a golden hook to chalk.

Odis Navarrette February 25, 2011, 11:02 AM

as I web site owner i feel the written content here is rattling wonderful, regards for your efforts.

Jacki Palumbo February 25, 2011, 1:28 PM

Hi I love your post and it was therefore informational and that I am gonna reserve it. One thing to mention the Indepth analysis you have got done is trully outstanding.Who goes that extra mile these days? Well Done :) simply another tip you canget a Translator for your Worldwide Audience

Nickie Zelkind February 26, 2011, 10:05 AM

You are a outstanding author. You evidently imparted the message.

Patty Lecrone February 26, 2011, 12:31 PM

I intellection its additional abundant difficult. Thanks for substance. sry for my english

Migdalia Bergstedt February 26, 2011, 3:12 PM

How is it that simply anybody can write a web site and get as common as this? Its not like youve said something incredibly impressive –more like youve painted a reasonably picture over a problem that you apprehend nothing about I don’t need to sound mean, here. but does one very suppose that you just will depart with adding some pretty photos and not extremely say anything?