Tons of schools are out today due to inclement weather. Here's how to spend a snow day ... without losing your sanity.
The kids are out of school, you're housebound and it's freezing cold outside. But that doesn't mean you can't still have fun!
Here are our top 50 things to do on a snow day. To add to the list, comment below.
1. Go outside and make snowmen and snow angels.
2. Light a fire in the fireplace and get cozy.
3. Wear PJs all day!
4. Make hot cocoa.
5. Find a hill and go sledding. (No sled? Any trashcan lid will do.)
6. Make a snow fort.
7. Break out the board games. (The longer they take, the better!)
8. Write out your holiday cards and wrap gifts.
9. Have a snowball fight.
10. Sip warm apple cider.
11. Salt the driveway.
12. Make grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch.
13. Read a book.
14. Catch up on your TiVo.
15. Take a nap.
16. Watch holiday movies.
17. Make gingerbread cookies.
18. Cook several meals and freeze some for later.
19. "Make believe" the kids are going to work, and let them make money for doing little chores around the house.
20. Make a scrapbook.
21. Do a puzzle.
22. Learn a family recipe.
23. Decorate the house for the holidays.
24. Make popcorn. While you are eating it, string the tree.
25. Watch home movies.
26. Have a tea party.
27. Do "makeovers" on each other.
28. Take a long, luxurious bubble bath.
29. Host a family fashion show in your living room.
30. Make homemade holiday cards.
31. Play with LEGOs.
32. Have a Wii tournament.
33. Organize the kids' rooms.
34. Blast the music and have a dance party.
35. Put on a family talent show.
36. Put those loose pics in photo albums.
37. Make "goo" with water and cornstarch.
38. Watch funny online YouTube movies together.
39. Have a scavenger hunt in the house.
40. Try finger painting.
41. Call faraway relatives and catch up.
42. Pillow fight!
43. Create a family tree.
44. Turn out the lights, light candles and tell ghost stories.
45. If you celebrate Christmas, write letters to Santa.
46. Have an "exercise party" -- do jumping jacks, sit-ups, even somersaults!
47. Break out the pots and pans and make music.
48. Make wish lists on Amazon.com.
49. Bundle up and take a walk outside.
50. Do a "photo shoot" in the snow to preserve your memories forever.
How do you and your kids like to spend a snow day? Share your tips below.