Diddy Buys Son $390,000 Custom Limo for Making Honor Roll

Sean "Diddy" Combs is so proud that his 17-year-old son, Justin, made honor roll... he gifted him with yet another Maybach (this time a limo) for his birthday, says The Independent.

diddy son
"Justin has turned himself around and is now an honors student, which he wasn't before, so I wanted to treat him. It's a collector's car so maybe he will use it for special occasions like on a first date, but like all my kids, he prefers the simpler things than the expensive things. Simple tastes," says the hip hop mogul.

Last year, Diddy made news and got a lot of heat for giving his son a Maybach, and $10,000 spending money along with a celeb-studded party in New York City, as chronicled on MTV's "My Super Sweet 16."

Combs fired back, "I think it's appropriate to give my kids whatever I want to give my kids," he told "Nightline's" Martin Bashir during an interview last year. "I feel the way I raise my children, I don't have to explain to you or anyone else, 'cause nobody knows the way I raise my children," he added.

Is Diddy's Pricey Parenting Style Harmful?

Momlogic wants to know: If you had all the money in the world, would you spoil your kids the same way? Why or why not?

next: Mommy's Super Bowl
Monica Dennis February 3, 2011, 9:28 AM

His money, his business. He spoils on the level he can afford like I’m sure lots of parents do. More power to him and God bless his son for clearly valuing education. How screwed up can he be?

Deb February 3, 2011, 9:34 AM

Diddy is definitely going over the top but he hsa the money so who are we to judge. Would I do the same in his place NO WAY. Would i spoil my kids, sure but I’d make sure they worked for what they wanted especially things like cars etc. If you don’t earn it then you do not appreciate it the same. My first car was the most ugly thing ever but I loved it because I earned it, I worked and saved to get it, insure it and keep it running. It’s a lesson I have never forgotten.

Renee  February 3, 2011, 9:53 AM

How big of a turnaround was it for the young man? He’s on that homestretch for college, so how he does now is definitely going to affect his future. While yes, that’s an absurd amount of money to spend on a car, I’d feel that way about any car you dropped $400,000 on. If his son is getting his act together and he wants to do something big to celebrate, let him. The kid’s obviously doing something to deserve it!

And as to buying a kid a car, my parents bought me my first car and I’ll probably buy my kids their first cars. Will they cost $10,000? Heck no. But I don’t see a problem with that as long as he’s responsible for taking care of it.

Jodi February 3, 2011, 10:28 AM

If I was able to spoil my child on that level, I would. Granted, I don’t think a limo is the coolest reward for making honor roll, but I”d certainly do something “over the top” if I could afford to do it.

Anonymous February 3, 2011, 12:55 PM

To each his own. Diddy has earned the money he has and how he chooses to spend it or on whom is not our business. Diddy is rewarding education, there are a lot worse things to reward to give children a sense of entitlement. If Diddy is not also teaching individual and financial responsibility then his child is in for a rude awakening but that too is not our business.

Jimmy Baker February 3, 2011, 1:13 PM

You know I feel that if I was a parent with successful statis,Iwould do the same.You only have this life to be the best you can be.The hounor role is an outstanding goal.Im proud of the success that has been made.I SMILE FOR YOU………Besides a lot of us know if we had it like DIDDY we would.FOREVER BLESSED….YOU KEEP US INSPIRED..Love it brother…….JIMMY BAKER

Jimmy Baker February 3, 2011, 1:15 PM

Jimmy Baker February 3, 2011, 1:17 PM

maxine February 4, 2011, 2:14 PM

It’s amazing how the rich can throw money around.I am a 48 year old single female that has been laid off for 2 years and had to apply for assistance,i have always worked and paid my own bills for many years until the big laid off came at my job at a engineering plant.It funny to see something like this when i can’t afford gas for my car to look for emplyment.I have applied for many jobs and gone on interveiws but as of today still no luck.Hope your son enjoy the ride.

Patricia Assanowicz February 26, 2011, 2:55 AM

I think how and what he buys or gives his children, is HIS BUSINESS, no one elses, i think he has done a great job and lets not forget the mothers here they deserve credit, his children are not out shooting people, robbing, his children are buckled down to the books to make something out of their lives, I give him and their Moms credit, in todays world it is very hard to keep your children from outside influences, negative ones, they are doing a great job. He has the money and I am sure he does not pass it out very easiely to his childrn, they earn it.yes if I had his money and my children were working hard in school to be independant and working towards what they want to be in life I would not only let them know how proud I am of them, I would buy them a gift to reward them. don’t be critial of him on how he raises his children, they are becoming positive adults and I give the mom and dad big kudos for that.

mothermineral March 7, 2011, 8:40 AM

I think it’s just for showoff really! Anyone with common sense knows a child don’t need that much of anything at that age. When financial trouble starts knocking at his door, he’ll wish he hadn’t lived so lavish then!