Princess Bootcamp: Would You Enroll Your Daughter?

In a scene straight out of "My Fair Lady," a dozen little girls dressed in frilly dresses took part in a one-day training course at a London hotel to learn how to be a princess. The course covered proper etiquette, how to curtsy, and tips on sipping tea delicately -- all in preparation for this month's royal wedding.

Momlogic wants to know -- would you enroll your daughter in a "princess bootcamp"? Do you think it sends a good or bad message to young women?

next: Report: One in Four Children Raised by Single Parent
K8 April 4, 2011, 10:01 AM

Totally!

I’m all for learning proper etiquette.

Susan April 4, 2011, 1:30 PM

If my daughter were interested, I would enroll her. It never hurts to learn good manners, and to receive training in being a princess would be an experience to remember.

CosmoGirl April 4, 2011, 2:08 PM

I would totally enroll my daughter!!! So many children lack manners and etiquette nowadays, it would be great for more young ladies to learn proper manners.

Almost every little girl dreams of being a princess, why not let her have her dream for a day? No harm done and they come back having learned a little something!

Kristen April 5, 2011, 7:04 AM

I think it’s GREAT. I actually believe that they should bring back etiquette classes for girls AND boys in schools these days. It’s ridiculous how many lack any understanding of how to act proper.

mountainmommy April 28, 2011, 11:33 AM

I think its a bad idea, it sends the wrong message. I don’t want my daughter to wish to be a “Princess” so she can meet a prince to “save” her. I want her to be strong and be able to save herself. I would rather raise a self-confident, smart girl than one who knows how to place a napkin in her lap. There is way too much “princess” in today’s culture. I want more for my daughter than a fairytale.

Priyanka May 4, 2011, 10:44 AM

I would defenitely send my daughter, she is going to learn something from it and its a kind of bootcamp where she can relate herself!!

Sara May 12, 2011, 12:12 PM

Definitely! It’s still important to know proper etiquette.